Dôme du Marais Paris
After creating a first pawnshop in Paris during the reign of Louis XIII, Louis XVI authorizes on the 9th December 1777 the reopening of the institution to fight against poverty, that now is the Crédit Municipal de Paris.
It is the work of Charles-François Viel and Jacques Antoine Payen, also architects of the Salpetriere. The auction house (in which is located the Dôme du Marais) is then topped with a dome decorated with roses and boxes. An oculus diffuses overhead lighting.
During the second half of the nineteenth century, at the time of Eiffel, the room is topped by a dome of glass and metal, such as it can be seen today. This construction is part, with the Bourse du Commerce des Halles, of the finest examples of neo-classical constructions circular skylight in Paris.